Tuesday, August 16, 2011

His Name was Norman


   A long time ago on a trip to North Dakota for geese, I had a run in with a critter that today still defies identification. He could fetch ducks and geese better that any Labrador I had ever owned, and I had owned some pretty good ones.
   The dog's name was Norman. Norman! Now what kind of name is that for a dog. Then to add insult to injury, the animal was a cross between a Basset Hound and a German Shepherd. The head was pure German Shepherd and the rest of him was 100% Basset Hound.
   If your imagination fails you, it's alright. No one would believe it unless they saw it for themselves.
   I only have one thing that bothers me about Norman. He was never castrated and somewhere there may be another one with his same genes.
  I hope you'll take a few minutes to read my blog each day. You can see other pieces of my work at Peace River Books website. All of my books are available on Amazon/Kindle.
   Best Regards and Good Reading,
Ron Shepherd

All cover design work and formatting by coversareus.com.

1 comment: